Waddlers – Thursday
Parent and Child Program
Ages 18 months – 36 months
For toddlers who will walk for most of the short hike
For more info on our clubs, click here
Toddlers (aka Waddlers) learn the wild ways of High Park along with their parents as they look under logs for bugs, listen for birds, smell flowers, feel dirt and play in the woods. Experienced leaders gently encourage participants to experience and appreciate nature playfully. Parents also learn a wealth of new ways to explore nature with their young ones.
Our activities are guided by the seasons and weather conditions. Some areas of focus will likely include:
- Outdoor and indoor exploration activities that encourage toddlers and adults to use their senses
- Songs and action rhymes
- Sensing the changing seasons through hearing, smell, taste, touch and sight
- Nature crafting
- Learning and singing bird songs
- Hiking to some of High Park’s places of natural wonder (Hikes are approximately 40 minutes, toddler-paced and activity-based.)
- Searching for wildlife
- Planting native plants (spring and fall)
Sibling Policy: Kindly note that our Nature Clubs are for registered participants who are within that club’s age range only. For Waddlers, we allow “babes in arms” (babies who will be carried) to be brought to the program with their caregiver. If you need more information on our sibling policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at 416-392-1748 or firstname.lastname@example.org.